Installing SAS 9.2 in 64 bit machine, x64 WIN7
Fred
2010-06-12 13:35:42 UTC
Dear All,

Just a quick question, whether I can install SAS9.2 in a 64 bit
machine with x64 WIN7, which I used to install in a 32 bit machine
with XP before??

Also whether SAS differentiates x64 and x86 versions separately?

Thanks
RolandRB
2010-06-13 06:21:32 UTC
Post by Fred
Dear All,
Just a quick question, whether I can install SAS9.2 in a 64 bit
machine with x64 WIN7, which I used to install in a 32 bit machine
with XP before??
Also whether SAS differentiates x64 and x86 versions separately?
Thanks
I installed SAS Learning edition on my Windows 7 laptop. I had to
install it in compatibility mode for Windows XP. I don't know if SAS
9.2 is good for later operating systems. It might vary with the
release of SAS 9.2 as well. You would have to check the documentation
on the SAS support site. But I imagine it would work in XP
compatibility mode.
Christie
2010-06-14 14:30:09 UTC
Post by Fred
Dear All,
Just a quick question, whether I can install SAS9.2 in a 64 bit
machine with x64 WIN7, which I used to install in a 32 bit machine
with XP before??
Also whether SAS differentiates x64 and x86 versions separately?
Thanks
I just received a new computer- a 64 bit machine with windows 7. The
SAS disks that I had were 32 bit and they WILL NOT install on your new
machine. I had to call SAS and request another set of install disks
for 64 bit machines. Once I received those I had no problems getting
everything installed.

Christie
RolandRB
2010-06-14 22:40:43 UTC
Post by Fred
Dear All,
Just a quick question, whether I can install SAS9.2 in a 64 bit
machine with x64 WIN7, which I used to install in a 32 bit machine
with XP before??
Also whether SAS differentiates x64 and x86 versions separately?
Thanks
I just received a new computer- a 64 bit machine with windows 7.  The
SAS disks that I had were 32 bit and they WILL NOT install on your new
machine.  I had to call SAS and request another set of install disks
for 64 bit machines.  Once I received those I had no problems getting
everything installed.
Christie
It worked for me for SAS Learning edition 4.1 on my new Windows 7 64
bit laptop. I just used compatibility mode when I installed it.
wisecrack
2010-06-21 19:06:18 UTC
Post by Fred
Dear All,
Just a quick question, whether I can install SAS9.2 in a 64 bit
machine with x64 WIN7, which I used to install in a 32 bit machine
with XP before??
Also whether SAS differentiates x64 and x86 versions separately?
Thanks
I just received a new computer- a 64 bit machine with windows 7.  The
SAS disks that I had were 32 bit and they WILL NOT install on your new
machine.  I had to call SAS and request another set of install disks
for 64 bit machines.  Once I received those I had no problems getting
everything installed.
Christie
Hi Christie, I am in the middle of having to purchase a 64bit machine,
and I would like to be sure that SAS 9.2 under windows 7 will work.
Are you able to tell me the specs of your 64bit computer? I was not
able to install 9.2 on an IBM 64bit XP machine.
Jan Klaverstijn
2010-06-22 20:08:26 UTC
Post by wisecrack
Post by Christie
Post by Fred
[...]
Only as of 9.2TS2M3 you get support for Win7. See
http://support.sas.com/kb/34/569.html. This is very recent maintenance
release for which you have to go through the software delivery process;
it's not a simple download. Make sure not only your machine is 64bit but
also your OS. Match your SAS version to the OS, not the machine; most
machines are 64-bit architecture for quite some time now. Use ample
memory on a 64-bit OS and SAS will put a smile on your face.

Jan
s***@gmail.com
Thanks
g***@gmail.com
2018-07-11 18:13:29 UTC
Post by Fred
Dear All,
Just a quick question, whether I can install SAS9.2 in a 64 bit
machine with x64 WIN7, which I used to install in a 32 bit machine
with XP before??
Also whether SAS differentiates x64 and x86 versions separately?
Thanks
Dear All,

I'm trying to install sas9.2 on Windows10 x64
Unable to run exe file
Couldn't find any solution in google.
Can someone tell the solution

Thanks