ERROR: Error fetching from cursor. ORACLE error is ORA-01555:
Kishore Kumar
2006-05-11 06:15:48 UTC
Can some one help me.

I am unable to solve this problem.

when i am executing my program with obs=1 Crore it is working fine , but for obs=max i am unable to execute.

I am getting an error like this:-

ERROR: Error fetching from cursor. ORACLE error is ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 2 with name "_SYSSMU2$" too small.

Please suggest me some thing????

Waiting for your feedback.

Regards,
Kishore.K

unknown
2006-05-11 13:01:10 UTC
In my experience, this occurs when you are asking Oracle to do too much, as in joining two large tables. Even with where clauses the processing can take too much time. You can post the code but you really need to take your query to your DBA and ask what can be done with it.

Clint

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates.
Pardee, Roy
2006-05-11 15:20:28 UTC
That's one to take to your DBA I think. I think it means your query is
taking too long to execute.