sasv9.cfg MISSING!
Add Reply
Shahab Afshar
2008-08-21 21:02:50 UTC
dear all
my installation on vista is unsuccessful. (as mentioned in the
website, no surprise!) but I managed to solve it somehow and install
the software, but my SASV9.CFG file is missing. I have no idea what
might be written in it. so would you please post me your own? I will
change it so that is suites my installation.
- please email me a copy of your SASV9.CFG file

Best Regards
Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI)
2008-08-21 21:22:20 UTC
From: Shahab Afshar
my installation on vista is unsuccessful. (as mentioned in the
website, no surprise!) but I managed to solve it somehow and install
the software, but my SASV9.CFG file is missing.
my installation on vista is unsuccessful.
I have no idea what might be written in it.
so would you please post me your own?
I will change it so that is suites my installation.
- please email me a copy of your SASV9.CFG file
pretty simple Q;

clarification needed: which one?

C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.2\SASv9.cfg:

- - - SASv9.cfg - - -
-CONFIG "C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.2\nls\en\SASV9.CFG"

"C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.2\nls\en\SASV9.CFG"

is a 10K file and SAS-L does not accept attachments

Reality Check:
you need to make sure that your icons are pointing to the correct file

Ron Fehd the config maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov
Shahab Afshar
2008-08-22 12:08:06 UTC
From: Shahab Afshar
my installation on vista is unsuccessful. (as mentioned in the
website, no surprise!) but I managed to solve it somehow and install
the software, but my SASV9.CFG file is missing.
my installation on vista is unsuccessful.
I have no idea what might be written in it.
so would you please post me your own?
I will change it so that is suites my installation.
- please email me a copy of your SASV9.CFG file
pretty simple Q;
clarification needed: which one?
- - - SASv9.cfg - - -
-CONFIG "C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.2\nls\en\SASV9.CFG"
"C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.2\nls\en\SASV9.CFG"
is a 10K file and SAS-L does not accept attachments
you need to make sure that your icons are pointing to the correct file
Ron Fehd  the config maven  CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov
Thanks a lot Ron
well actually the main SASV9.cfg is missing. I meant the one inside
<sasroot>\nls\en.
Though I used the one which Paul told me and I changed a world of
variables and moved a little forward! now it shows a splash screen and
then gives some error about SASHELP and sounds like the problem is
with registry. I found something that could solve this issue on
version 9.1 but it doesn't work on 9.0. sounds like my installation
lacks something more than just a config file!!! I even tried to
install it on WIN XP SP2, same issue! MEH! By the way, my copy is 9.0
and there is nothing, I MEAN NOTHING as a hotfix or an exact guide for
it... I'm going to upgrade to 9.1.3. Hope it helps me a little bit!
Choate,
2008-08-21 21:44:28 UTC
Shahab - There's a server install copy for v912 at

http://www.wpi.edu/Academics/CCC/Help/Software/Installs/SASV9.CFG

your mileage might vary...

Paul Choate
DDS Data Extraction
(916) 654-2160

Best Regards
Shahab Afshar
I moved a little forward! Still some errors! :D
s***@gmail.com
2017-07-24 09:34:42 UTC
Post by Shahab Afshar
dear all
my installation on vista is unsuccessful. (as mentioned in the
website, no surprise!) but I managed to solve it somehow and install
the software, but my SASV9.CFG file is missing. I have no idea what
might be written in it. so would you please post me your own? I will
change it so that is suites my installation.
- please email me a copy of your SASV9.CFG file
Best Regards
Hi I am facing the same issue .

Can you please send me a copy of SASVG9.cfg for SAS 9.1.3