Post by firstname.lastname@example.org
Case Solution for Eastman Kodak in 2012: Will Its Post-Bankruptcy Strategy Be Successful?
Do you have the question answer?
1. Discuss the key elements of Eastman Kodak’s business model in film photography. How did its customer
value proposition and profit formula for its digital image capture business differ from its film business
2. Throughout its history what various strategies did Kodak employ? What was Kodak’s strategy prior to
3. What are Kodak’s competitively important resources and capabilities? Which of its resources have the
greatest competitive power? Are any of its resources and capabilities able to pass all four VRIN tests
for sustainable competitive advantage? Have the company’s resources and capabilities been managed
4. What does an analysis of Eastman Kodak’s financial statements for 2007 - 2011 reveal about the strength of
its business model and strategy? Were any of its three business units stronger than others? Explain.
5. What are the primary reasons that Eastman Kodak was forced into bankruptcy in 2012? Does it appear that
the company’s restructuring will allow it to emerge from bankruptcy as a stronger rival in the digital imaging
and printing industry?
6. What recommendations would you make to Eastman Kodak to bolster its standing in the commercial and
consumer printing industry? What should be done to strengthen the company’s competitive position in its
other segments and improve its financial performance?